Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update: The Location of my Underpants

Now, I work at the same fabulous establishment as Stepmom-lady (and Dad-guy as well), and since I no longer reside with them, they often use the workday as a means of familial contact. This morning I called Stepmom-lady on completely work related business, and this is a close reconstruction of the conversation that ensued:

Kate: Hey. How are you this morning?

SML: Great! I have presents for you.

Kate: Ooh. I like presents. Whatcha got?

SML: Your Cosmo that came to the house and some underpants.

(Yes, she said "underpants")

Kate: Underpants?

SML: Yes. They're clean.

Kate: Uh... You brought me clean underpants?

SML: Well, they're yours.

Kate: You brought me my own clean underpants?

SML: Yes. Paws was quite concerned that they belonged to some friend of your brother, but I assured him that they were yours.

Kate: How do you know?

SML: I bought them for you for Christmas.

Kate: Oh. (pause) Why do you have my underpants?

SML: I found them in the dryer after you did your laundry here last weekend.

Kate: Oh. That makes sense.

SML: So they're here for you whenever you stop over.


So during my lunch break, I trekked over and grabbed from my Stepmother's desk the most recent edition of Cosmopolitan, one sock (she neglected to mention this), and some clean underpants.

Professionalism at its best.

No comments: