Thursday, June 11, 2009

There's a Little Hippie in All of Us


Gimme this.

Summer, as always has set free the sundress wearing, bead adorned, flower child that I've been smothering with scarves and hoodies all winter. Although this year the scarves are still lingering, thanks to Roommate's growing collection of summer scarves that she insists on wearing with her penguin pajama shorts, while going for a run, probably to bed and maybe even shower. She's got a problem. Seriously.

I personally want to cover myself with copper (seen here from Vagabond Jewelry. mmm. so inspired.) and peacock feathers. I want to weave them into my hair and the collars of all my shirts. OK. Maybe I have a problem too.

Alright, we both do. We've been spending so much time on the porch lately secretly watching our cute, artsy, elderly neighbors that we convinced ourselves that they totally wanted to adopt us. Roommate actually forced an invite into their house last night to look at the wife's art while I chatted up the husband about locally made guitars and mandolins. We learned that they already have two successful artist daughters, so I'm guessing they don't want any more, but Roommate is persistent, so I wouldn't be surprised if she got us invited back for homemade dandelion wine and stories of their days following Dylan and protesting Nam. And I'm totally OK with that.

No comments: