Monday, June 21, 2010

Neo-Hippie Spa Monday

I'm having an existential crisis, friends. I fucking hate hipsters, but I'm finding myself curious about some new natural and home made beauty treatments I've been reading about. I really want to try sugaring, cuz it sounds cheap and awesome, but I've finally outlived the constant accusations of hippiedom I earned in college. (Note: I did not feel these were warranted. I think it was because I had a Dylan poster in my dorm room, and apparently that's reason enough.) No one wants to be a neo-hippie, guys, but I really like nag champa and sundresses.

I need to mull over this a bit more before I can take a stance. I'm hoping that my desire for hairless legs will outweigh the fact that I'm going DYI and rather green. Don't get me wrong, I like doing things and I enjoy not murdering the environment, but proclaiming to do so is so self-righteous and smug that it makes me want to buy a chalupa and then throw the wrapper out the window of my car.

So I'll get back to you on this one. I just wanted to share my inner turmoil. I made couscous yesterday. And gazpacho. I accidentally ate vegan. And it was delicious. But then this morning during my interwebs perusing I see that not only does the Pitchfork Music Festival list directions to the site by vehicle starting with bicycle, they actually encourage biking to the fesival. Oy. This is why, friends. This is why.

No comments: